Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What you Thought?

My mind can often drift into negative spaces. I think about less than happy times and relive the pain of my past. Way too often, I allow myself to drift into daymares of a dim future where none of what I hope and dream is possible...because of where I've been. I rehash guilt of past mistakes and bitterness from past hurts. I allow those feelings to trick me into thinking that none of my desires are feasible...

If you can't relate, keep living. If you can, this is for you. It's hard to think positively in such a negative world. It's hard to think we'll find a spouse or have a successful marriage when society treats this sacred union as something so light, people can enter and exit at their leisure. It's hard to think that we'll become all we dream to be in terms of health and career when life throws us curve after curve. Shoot at this rate, it's even hard to fathom an enjoyable time at a movie theater without some godless soul coming in and shooting up the place!

However, our thoughts have more power than we know. When we think negatively about our futures,  we say to God,  "You are incapable. " When we rehash painful feelings of guilt and bitterness, we say to God, "Your forgiveness is not enough. " How we think says a lot about how we view ourselves, and because we are made in His image, it also says a lot about how we view our God.

Phillipians 4:8 says this, "...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." God tells us how to think. He tells us, "Hey, don't let your brain fill up with crazy talk! Think about the good in Me and you gone be alright!" (Shout out to Kendrick Lamar) At the end of the day, we have to gain a grip over where we allow our minds to drift. Sometimes, I literally shake my head back and forth like a crazy person to get the bad juu juu out of my brain. Today, I  pray that with God, we get past the pain. Refocus our minds on the things He tells us to think, so that when the bad thoughts try to creep in, with authority, we can say, "Faith THAT!" Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment