Translate

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dis Too Much

The past month or so has been very introspective. I've spent time off social media, taken breaks from my homies, and honestly tried to chill more. My priorities are shifting. My values are changing. I'm growing up. I am trying to be more available to my top 3: God, Hubby, and Kiddos.

A lot of the time, I'm not giving at least one of the 3 the time they deserve.  The balancing act is hard enough with simple day to day activities. Going to work, tending to the needs of kids, and maintaining a home, get in the way of my husband and I spending quality time. When my husband and I are super in love, our desires to be together start to trump the quality and quantity of time we have with our kids. When we start to get on one another's nerves, our "me" time gets in the way of "we" time. Geesh! But notice something...time with God is never in the way. Why? Because I don't do it enough.

If I'm being completely honest, the one who holds the number one spot on my priority list is often only there in theory. I dupe God daily. He doesn't get the time He deserves; not realizing that time with Him is most definitely something I need-DAILY!

Rereading "The Purpose Driven Life" has given me some perspective on this. It appears I am spending too much of my time living without real purpose. I mean I know part of my earthly duty is to tend to the hubs and munchkins, but what's the purpose? My overall purpose in life must be what God intends. When that's the case, the balancing act gets a tad bit easier. When I start to actually treat Him like number one, the start and end of my days are more aligned in His purpose for my life, so the pressures of the day get a bit lighter.

In Chapter 4, Rick Warren says, "The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears." When we prioritize God, nothing is actually too much. It may appear to be. It may even feel like it. Some days we'll look at our "To Do" list like, "Who finna do all that?". But with God on that list, we'll realize some of that other stuff just isn't as important. We can do it later, tomorrow, another day, or shoot in some cases, we simply won't do it at all because it no longer matters. I pray that we all try harder to give God His true spot on our list so that in Him we can be less burdened and more accomplished. Be blessed. XOXO

3 comments: