Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Oldie but Goodie

I have a range of friends in my circle. Some as young as 21 and some as seasoned as their late 60s. It's in the moments that I'm the youngest in the room that I feel small, meek, and wide open to receive wisdom.

The seasoned women in my life share life experiences that have helped me avoid some of their blunders. They share successes to show me a path of footprints in which to follow. They listen to me, pray for me, advise me, and even scold me! These women bless me. They provide for me a life resource and a spiritual strong-tower.

In return? I keep them young. They live vicariously through me. They live their purposes with me watching and cheering them on. They open up to me and I'm able to return favors of prayer and encouragement. It's quite an awesome, organic, unscripted exchange that I always feel honored to have experienced.

If you are reading this and only associate with people your physical and/or spiritual age, I challenge you to expand your circle of influence. People have been where you are. They've blazed the trail on which you are headed. They've landed in some ditches you don't even know exist. But God...

Just like you listen to that old school jam that brings back the nostalgia of better times, having some seasoned souls in your camp gives you that good old feeling. Open your spirit to the words and wisdom of the ones God places in your path. Instead of viewing them as "old people", try to see them as "experience experts". Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment