Translate

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Ordain, order, obey

Honestly, I have the hardest time hearing God. I mean, life is full of noise and distraction. I don't make time, quiet, uninterrupted, sacred time for God like I should. So much has been going on, and I'm not sure how I feel about talking to God with such attention right now. I'm kind of nervous about how it might make me feel; what it might make me do; who I might realize I am...it all sounds kind of strange, but these are real emotions, and real reasons that we can sometimes stay away from the true conversations we need to have with the Most High.

However, so many of us are seeking answers. We wonder why we haven't seen that financial breakthrough? Why are we still on this same ole tired job? Why aren't we married? Why are our children acting a fool? Why are we enduring this pain? Why are people around us hurting? Why are we here? What is the purpose of this thing called life?

Taking the time to talk to God will help us reveal the answers to our questions, while also giving us more clear direction in life. Through conversations with God, we are given guidance that often appears like this: Ordain, Order, and Obey

Ordain: There is a calling on your life. You were put here for a reason. You have a job to do. People are counting on you. When you sit still long enough or focus hard enough, you get glimpses of it. Some of us are walking in it, and think that's it, but there is more, so much more. We are ordained to fulfill a mission that was predestined before we even got here. But in order for us to do our jobs, we have to report for duty.

Order: When we are ordained, we are ordered to do certain things. God will have us go certain places, connect with certain people, do certain things. Sometimes, we think it's coincidence or that it's happen's chance, but in reality, it's order. There are other times when we are told to do things. We feel it in our Spirit. We SHOULD do, say, be whatever we are being told, but we often ignore the order. Sometimes, without really even meaning to, we try to escape what we are destined to do.

Obey: Much like running from a mother with a belt in hand ready to tear that tail up, you can run all you want, but she's gonna getcha! Same with God. He's chilling! He told you what to do, and one day, somehow, whether you come around or get dragged around, you WILL do it! And this, friends, is what we call obedience. I know that I've run from what I am supposed to do a MANY times. It was too much, too hard, too soon. I wasn't ready, didn't have all my ducks in a row, wasn't really "feeling" it. God was like, "Ah yeah? That's what we on? So you doing what you wanna do? Okay. Go 'head. But I bet you gone do it because you are mine and I said so. It will be done. Please believe me." I mean, quite honestly, it's easier for us to obey upfront instead of causing ourselves all this drama, but...well...we can all be kinda "sometimey" when it comes to living the way God intends.

I don't know what God has put in your heart to do, what has been dropped in your Spirit to pursue, but stop. Stop ignoring the call. Stop fearing what will change or who won't like it. Stop. Stop wondering about so much and start to ask. Stop running from your calling and start doing what you need to do, being who you were called to be. Stop existing without purpose or vision. Start allowing your steps to be ordered. Stop being disobedient and just start doing what you know you need to do or asking what you need to do if you are legitimately confused. You've been ordained. God is giving you orders. It's time to obey and watch yourself Be Blessed. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Very well said. Man, but when you do find yourself tapped into what God is telling you... Ooh wee! He's always talking but we aren't always listening.

    ReplyDelete