Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Naked

Soooo...when I'm home alone, I wear minimal clothing? Why? Because it's just me, myself and I. If I can't be comfortable with myself, who can right? Stretch marks, muffin tops, jelly rolls, everywhere lol! But in those moments, I reminisce about a more toned physique. I remember to apply cocoa butter. I admire my hidden body art. And tracing the stretch marks beneath my navel, I often reflect on the blessing (and hard labors) of my baby boys.

However, I can't say that I'm as free with God. When we're alone, I don't always go to Him completely vulnerable, withholding nothing, naked before the King. Why not?  I mean after all, He is omniscient! But the reason is the same for me choosing not to wear a low-rise two-piece bathing suit! I'm embarrassed and don't want anyone to see my imperfection.

But God wants that. He wants us to bear our all to Him. To invite Him into our lives, even the not-so-pretty parts. Proverbs 28:13 says, "Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy." So, if we keep it 100 with God, He's welcoming to that. Why? Because He respects our honest confessions. Only then can He start to help us heal. Much like looking at our naked physical bodies reveals and reminds us of so much; disrobing our spirit's flaws, faults, and failures shows us (and God) our truest selves. Many of us want to change or be healed without having gotten deep to the source of our issues. We can't see the real problems if we're constantly covering things up. We can't grow from the sunshine  if we hide in the shade. So, the next chance you get, dance in the mirror,  be free, and pray with specificity by presenting your naked spirit before the all-knowing and all-powerful God. Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment