Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Living Water

So this past weekend I was blessed to celebrate love and marriage with my aunt. During the event, I had my share of "open bar" wine. We danced. We laughed. We enjoyed one another's company well into the night. Since the passing of my mom and granny, this time together has become a rarity. I was in euphoria.

The next morning, I felt the brunt force of that euphoria. That "open bar" wine reminded me of my body's limits. Needless to say, my family had breakfast without me and the first half of the 8 hour car ride from Chicago to Kansas City was less than pleasant.

Once my body was ready to receive it, I consumed a boat load of water. Here, 4 days post "open bar" wine, I can't get enough water. It's all I want. It's all I crave. As much as I love my wine, I haven't the slightest taste for it at the moment. I. Want. Water! I mean seriously, it almost tastes differently...even better than before. 

Much like our bodies, our spirits have a natural thirst. When we try to fill ourselves with anything but the living water, we sometimes find ourselves having a rough time. Instead of going to God in prayer, we go to the club. Instead of fasting, waiting to hear from Him, we make hasty decisions. We try to quench our spiritual thirst with everything but God's love. Yet, we wonder: Why do I feel so parched?

Today, I pray for those of us who are spiritually dehydrated. At any given point, in any given season, on any given day, this could be the condition of each and every one of us. I pray we purge and focus. That our spirits get ready to receive the living water. That once we taste it, it becomes all we crave, all we want, all we desire. I pray that as we grow in the Spirit that it even tastes differently...better with each victory God affords us. Be Blessed. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say Amen! Amen! "If it had not been for the Lord on my sideeeee. Oh! tell me where would I be, where would I beeeee!."

    ReplyDelete