Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Life as we know it...

"I know the plans I have for you..." Jeremiah 29:11

When we wake up each and every morning, we have a plan for our lives. We have an agenda, no matter how loosely or meticulously followed. However, how many of us can honestly say that we run a check by God on that agenda? I know that most often…I don’t.

And it’s interesting because even though we don’t consult God, He’s ever present in each and every day. The day that it rains and it makes our commute to work slower than normal, we don’t stop to thank God for the rain…the rain that promotes growth and change. The co-worker that rubs us the wrong way and makes us give them the side-eye AND the stank face, we don’t stop to pray and allow God to remind us of what we asked Him to help us work on (gentleness, patience, kindness, you get the point). The child who makes poor decisions in school, but not realizing that a big part of who they are is fashioned after who we are, (whether we like it or not) and thanking God for our praying parents and guardians. Instead, we see God’s pop-up reminders as interruptions.

But what if we really, truly let God interrupt our schedule? What if we allowed each day to come and go as it may with our loose plans in hand but the truism of God in our hearts? What if we started each day with something as simple as this: God, I know what I have planned for today, but You know the plans You have for me, so when you pop-up, help me roll with it because we all know that you are much better at being in charge than I am. AMEN!

I bet if we tried to seek advice before our agendas were set into motion, we would be less frazzled when things don’t go as planned and more accepting of the fact that the Master’s plan is much, much better than anything we could have ever imagined. Be blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment