Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Dew You Boo

Dew You Boo

As I was walking outside of work the other day, the dew drops on a leaf stopped me in my tracks. I’m not a nature buff by any stretch, but walking outside gives me a chance to get in touch with God’s creations, some of which I can live without! Anyhoozit, I paused and took a picture of the well-defined drops of water, sitting atop an old, brown leaf. The leaf was clearly no longer on the tree it once belonged to. It sat in the grass all alone, covered by itty-bitty puddles of water.

“…but his favor is as dew upon the grass.” Proverbs 19:12b
I thought about my life, my journey. I have been that old, brown leaf. There have been times that my spirit has been dried up inside of me and I have no idea how I am sustaining. There are times that I am a walking zombie going through the ins and outs of life with no real directions. There have been times that I have done everything I wanted to do and nothing that God has called me to do. I am that old, brown leaf.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.23 They are new every morning;  great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
There are times that I may be that old, brown leaf. There are times that you have been that old, brown leaf. Ugly on the outside. Dried up on the inside. But because of God’s love, you were able to hold on. Your circumstances were not able to destroy you. What happened around you and to you didn’t kill you. And like the dew on the grass, God’s mercy was fresh upon you. He kept you, just like, so many times, He’s kept me. He was faithful, even when we weren’t because we didn’t know how to be or simply chose not to be.

 "Therefore may God give you of the dew of heaven, of the fatness of the earth, and plenty of grain and wine." Genesis 27:28
It’s crazy to me that God chooses to love us the way that He does. It’s odd to me that the Most High, supreme being, with all power and might is like, “I love you guh!” ME? Why? Honestly, I have no idea why he loves this little, old, raggedy, brown leaf, but I am thankful that His dew rests upon me and gives me what I need, each and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment