Translate

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Got People

Sooooo...last week, my family had a very scary experience. When I picked my youngest son up from daycare, his teacher told me had been running a fever and he seemed to be tired all day. I thought it was just a common cold, ear infection, or even maybe even a late tooth because he's still so small. We ran an errand and were ready to go to praise dance practice when I looked in the rear-view and saw he just needed to rest. So, I decided to go home instead. I called my husband to tell him he wouldn't need to grab the kids from the church. As I brought him up to speed on our son's condition, I heard Micah take a gasp of air. I looked back in the rear-view and shouted into the phone, "He's having a seizure!"

I pulled off to a side street, hopped out the car, and undid his seat belt. I leaned him to his side, over the arm rest. As I stood in the street with my hands in my pockets, a woman yelled down from her porch to see if everything was okay. Knowing the seizure had to run its course, I calmly said, "My baby is having a seizure." No sooner than the words escaped my mouth, she was down at my car. She moved me out of the car doorway and laid hands on Micah right as his body began to calm. She prayed healing prayers over my son. Her husband later came down and asked if my son was sick. I told him he had been running a fever, but I wasn't sure what was wrong. The husband then said, "It's probably a febrile seizure. Our daughter had one when she was about his age. Take his clothes off and get him up to Children's Mercy. He's gonna be alright sweetie." Then, the woman hugged me and prayed for my strength.

I was fairly calm until that point. But in that moment when the woman hugged me and began to pray for me, I was overwhelmed by God's goodness.  Growing up with a mother who had seizures, I knew what to do in this situation. I never thought I'd thank God for the painful experiences of watching my mom suffer from seizures over the years, but on that day, in that moment, watching my baby shake, I was grateful to have been prepared. In His order and on His time. God's servant (Lady Kisha is her name) was obedient to come out and pray for us. Her husband was able to reassure me that Micah was going to be okay. God saw it fit to place me right there in that moment to be reminded that even in the midst of a scary situation, I got people!

Some of us are in uncertain times. Some of us are embarking on new territory. Some of us are making lifestyle changes or trying to answer a call from the Lord. Others of us are simply confused. We feel like we are under attack. We just don't know what else to do. Remember that you serve a God who has people. If He has people, YOU GOT PEOPLE MAN! Even when things are unclear, be available in the Spirit to receive from God's people. Be encouraged by their words. Be reassured by their presence. When you rolling with G-O-D...you ALWAYS got people. Be Blessed. XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Father for having this child in the right place in Your time and servants there to help and assist. Continue to trust and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he's okay and that you met one of a Gods own!!! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete