Translate

Friday, May 11, 2018

Veins

The other day, I was working out at the YMCA and I saw an older, lighter complected woman walking in front of me. Her legs had seen the world. Her skin had experienced many angles of the sun. She was aged with wisdom that one could only hope to gain. The tiny veins in her legs criss-crossed one another in various shades of blue, red, and purple. They overlapped, intertwined, connected, departed, and reunited up and down her calves. I began to think about life's journey...

In life, we reach many milestones, we see many things, and we have a tendency to come to many crossroads. Should we marry or stay single? Should I go back to school or pick up a part-time job? Should I go to her house or head home? Should I give him my number or pretend not to speak English? No matter what, we are faced with choices daily.
 
Crossroads are an inevitable part of life, but some of them have a direct impact on life's overall journey, some of them impact others, others determine the ones that will follow. For instance, the crossroad of whether or not I'm cooking dinner or stopping by Chipotle matters. But does it matter as much as the crossroad of whether you should try to work things out with your baby's mother or head to court to work out the future details? You see? Some of our crossroads are more impactful than others. 

But here's the good news. God knows exactly where each and every one of us will end up. Do we get to make choices? Yep. Will some of those choices be detrimental? Yes...in some ways. However, others will be right on the money. As imperfect as we are, as foolish as out choices can be, God still has a plan for us. To grow and to know that at each milestone, at each crossroad, we will be one step closer to the fate that He has predestined for us. Live, love, and choose wisely my friends. Be Blessed XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment