Translate

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hiatus

As you've probably noticed, there's been a slight FaithTHAT drought. Since school is back in session, both kids are in sports, and this is heavy travel season for the husband, time is a rare commodity. However, even knowing this, the devotion to creating time to be with God alone, in quiet, has been absent as well. In short, my priorities have fallen out of whack because my responsibilities have increased. As a result, I'm in a spiritual drought.

A good analogy for this would be the roller-coaster of weight gain and healthy living. There are times that I am going to workout come hell or high water - waking up earlier, going on my lunch break, adding Saturday or Sunday for weekdays missed. My eating habits reflect that I am a woman on a mission to stay in my current pant size. These are times I mean serious business!

Yet, there are seasons where I don't prioritize my health.  I eat what I want, when I want. I barely workout. I lose focus. I'm working more. I'm on vacation. I just don't feel like putting in the work because I'm tired.  And before I know it, hello next pant size and goodbye wardrobe of old.

When our responsibility increases, we need God most. We need His guidance. We need His reassurance. We need His covering. And because greater responsibility leads to stressful times that can overwhelm us, we even need His comfort.

If you, like me, are noticing a shift in your focus on God, a decline in your time with Him; it's time to realign our priorities. This is a natural part of godly living. We all fall off or even forget. But James 4:8 simply says this: Draw nearer to God...

Thankfully we serve the God who is forgiving, always present, and never forgets about us. So, today, take the time out to have a little talk. Reconnect, realign, and remember to make time with the One who has our back, no matter what. Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment