Translate

Monday, September 21, 2015

Get Over Yourself

I've often found myself running away from things that are going to be hard. It's not always obvious that I'm running, but I know that's exactly what's happening. Someone says, "Let's get a personal trainer." I say, "Nah, my schedule won't let me do that right now." Someone says, "Let's save $1 a day for the next year." I say, "Nah, I need all my coins." Someone says, "I think you should become a principal." I say, "Nah, my kids are young and my husband works a lot." Really, although these are very valid reasons, I'm running. From what you ask...FAILURE.

I am afraid to fail because, well, no one wants to fail! If I get a trainer and still don't get down to a size 10, I've failed. If I save $1 a day, but still don't reach my savings and debt reduction goals, I fail. If I become a principal and my school doesn't perform well, I fail. C'mon man! That's no way to live!

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame...Romans 5:3-5

So basically, times of failure are a guarantee, but BEING a failure is not an option. There is no reason to think that if I try and don't succeed that I am less than. God is in the midst of all of our attempts. He allows it all. There are times we fail because we make a poor choice. There are times we fail because we don't seek God's guidance. There are times we fail because God wants us to gain more experience in the realm of the spirit. There are times we fail because we need the motivation that it brings. Failing is inevitable.

There's no lesson learned without a stumbling. There's no drive in a person without having at one point been without a vision. The outcome of our failures outweighs the failing itself. It is in the times we've failed that we've suffered. But because we have suffered we are able to endure more than before. Because we are able to endure more than before, we have become stronger in the faith. Because we become stronger in the faith, we have hope in the Lord and His will for our lives. With that, we understand that we will have moments that we are unsuccessful, those times things just don't go as planned. But thank God for what that creates within us and who it pushes us to become. Don't run from the possibility of failure...instead run toward the potential within it! Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment