Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Waaaaayyyy Up

Big Sean's latest two singles really show the young man's maturing. Blessed is indeed a song that speaks to the soul. The message of the song is that he's not taking his new position for granted. In the hook, Big Sean tells the audience over and over, "I'm waaaayyy up, I feel blessed."

This is any of us. Depending on our view, it could be all of us. We all have much to be thankful for. We are all inexplicably blessed. We are alive with sight and literacy as we view this blog. We have basic needs met. We have the capability to perform basic functions. We have been redeemed by our Saviour.

So why do we get so down? Why don't we thank God? Why aren't we singing like Big Sean?

We give way more notice to people whobhave the thibgs we want than people who dont have the things we all need. There are many people in dismal sutuations. Oftentimes, these people have the strongest faith. Or, they complain the least. Why? Because they are grateful and they recognize a blessing, no matter the size. On the other hand, many of us take our daily blessings for granted...at least I know I do.

Some days, I just float through life with the expectation of my blessings. I make plans weeks in advance, as if I know that God will choose to wake me each morning. I expect my husband's contributions to our family in finances, workload, and whatever else it takes to keep this thing going; as if many women aren't doing this alone or many marriages haven't unfortunately ended. I iron cloths and fix lunches for the week (at times with an attitude) while some women long for the work of motherhood, but their wombs remain barren. I dexide to not work out because I'm lazy, while some people would love to have legs to simply walk through life.  So many blessings that we just act like we're SUPPOSED to have, instead of looking at how many blessings God has actually bestowed upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment