Translate

Friday, August 7, 2015

Spoiled

I'm a brat. Not in the traditional sense because my upbringing had some lofty fiscal deficits of course. But I'm still a brat. Although my mom couldn't afford the basic needs, let alone the materialistic wants, she managed to spoil me. How? With her love and attention.

For the first 7 years of my life, I was an only child. Because of that, I had my mom's uninterrupted attention, her total focus. This experience was something my siblings would never have the chance to have. For those years, I had her all to myself! And that my friends is where the spoiling commenced.

She noticed every mistake and took swiftly to correct them. She celebrated every victory,  large and small. She held my hand, supported me, encouraged me, questioned me, hugged and kissed me...and only me. Ahh...those were the good ole days!

When my siblings came along, she still managed to love us all and tend to us all and spoil us all with the one thing she was rich with...love. That type of spoiling, on a whole higher level, is so evident in our relationships with GOD!

Many of us are focused right now on what we don't have. We don't have a spouse, so we feel inadequate. We don't own a home, so we feel immature. We can't buy fancy shoes and clothes, so we feel insecure. But God's love is in great abundance around us.

He gives us His uninterrupted attention each and every day. Although we have countless brothers and sisters, our Daddy is still in the spoiling business. He keeps us safe when danger seems immenent. He keeps us fed when hunger is rampid. He loves us when no one else does. He wants us all to be His little brats, spoiled by His unconditional, abounding love.

Once we come to feel His presence; to realize all the small things He's blessed us with; to be grateful for all the tragedy He's kept us from; to honor the sacrifice He made for us; ONLY then will we walk fully in our birthright, spoiled brats of the Kingdom. The next time someone accuses you of being a brat, look them in the eye and say, "Thank you! It's ALL my Daddy's fault!" Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment