Translate

Friday, April 6, 2018

Wrench in the Plan

You ever have plans and they just get shot to hell in a millisecond? You PLAN to go to the grocery store after work only for your boss to call a last-minute meeting that runs long and there went that! You PLAN to wash a load of towels while preparing breakfast only to find that there is no more laundry detergent and the eggs are expired. You PLAN to lose 10 pounds by the end of the month, yet the month is over and scale went the opposite direction!?

Over the past few months, I've come really close to giving up on having any type of plan for life. Like seriously. It's almost like I'd rather just fly by the seat of my pants. That way, I will not even set myself up for the frustration or disappointment that comes from foiled plans!

The other day, while leaving the gym, I got a speeding ticket. It was so fitting for the way things had been working out, that it only made sense for me to experience yet another wrench in my plans. When the officer asked me if I knew why she stopped me, I said, "Yep." She asked for license and registration and I started laughing. She asked what was funny, I said, "Oh nothing, just the fact that I left my insurance card on the kitchen counter. Of ALLLLLL the days!" I cupped my forehead in the palm of my head, began a series of SMH, and burst out laughing all over again. The officer couldn't help herself and joined in my laughter.

Officer (laughing with or at me, not quite sure which): "That kind of day already? It's not even 9 AM!"
Me (laughing to keep from crying): That kind of day? GIRL! Try that kind of LIFE!

She left to officially write my ticket. I would normally be seething with either anger or irritation in moments like this, but if there is one thing I'm truly starting to embrace it's that there will OFTEN be a wrench in any of the plans I have. It's life. I honestly can't control much of it, but I can control my reaction, each and every time.

When things don't go according to plan, it's annoying as hell. But reacting with nothing but negativity only makes things worse. Especially when the Word tells us that God knows the plans He has for us. His plans. Not ours. So, it only makes sense that sometimes our plans have to be interrupted because it's not about us. Now this is by no means a green light to go through life without plans, but it is advice to try your best to be okay when those plans don't always pan out. God is intentional, in everything, even when we don't quite get it. So, the next time life throws you a curve ball, try your best to remember that your plans may have to change in order for God's plans to play out. Go with the flow and Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment