Translate

Monday, February 26, 2018

Glimpses of God

A friend shared with me that someone blessed her the other day. While paying for groceries, she forgot she'd gotten a new debit card and couldn't remember the PIN. As she was headed to her car, the woman behind her took care of the bill. Did she NEED the blessing? Since she had the money to cover the cost, it didn't seem as though...

However, she, and many of my tribe (myself included), are in the midst of some pretty turbulent storms. We are trying our best to hold each other up while sustaining ourselves, our families, our jobs...our sanity. It's in times like this that even though your faith is being tested and your character is being built, it just doesn't feel good. And honestly, even though you know that God said to never leave nor foresake us, we still wonder. Are you there? Can you hear me? Will it all be okay? How much longer? What am I supposed to learn from this? Why me? Why him? Why us?

It's in times like this that the darkness is so vast, it gets hard to see God. But then there are moments, like the grocery story, where God reminds us, "I'm still here....I know that this is hard. I know that you are getting weary. Find rest in me. I know that you are worried about the next move, but I'm here to order your steps. I know that you don't know what lies ahead, but trust me. I got you boo. Always have and always will."

In these short, fleeting moments, we get a small gust of strength to push a little further...to hold on a little longer. God doesn't always make a grand appearance. Sometimes the signs are super simple. But if you are operating in the Spirit, you will catch them; you will feel them, and then you will know. God is omnipresent. He's always there. Sometimes we see proof of his presence even when we aren't looking. If you do nothing else, in good seasons and in trying ones, be grateful for the times you've caught glimpses of God. Be Blessed XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment