Translate

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Missed Opportunity

Yesterday, while sitting at a stop sign, I slightly drifted. Not sure where my mind went, but when I looked both ways, I saw that I could have gone a hair sooner. Now, a car had turned out on my left, followed by a steady stream of cars as the light at the intersection down the road had turned green. "Dammit!" was my exact word. I sat back in my seat, palmed my forehead, and waited for the car caravan to pass, shifting my head back and forth, waiting for a second chance. When the opportunity came, I pulled out to quickly make my turn and be on my merry little way.

God spoke to me. First, He was like, how you gone get mad at the other cars for going where they need to go? You the one that sat there daydreaming! Yo Bad! AHA! Many of us see the metaphor in our lives. God gives us opportunities. He clears our paths. He makes a way for us. But often times, we are too busy with our heads in the clouds (or up some other unmentionable body part) that we miss it! So many of us are wandering around, waiting for a blessing that God already tried to give us once, but the gift of our own free will trumped our better sense.

Someone had the chance with the woman that could have been your wife, but you were too busy chasing around all the other scattered skirts. Someone could have had a promotion, but you were too busy looking for a new job and missed the internal posting. Someone could have had a new home, but you were so focused on the "must haves" that you missed the "must see." And some of us could have had salvation, but we were too busy worrying about what others would think and how we'd be percieved.

But here is the good news! What God intends for us will always be for us. Once we miss it, we might have to wait awhile. He might have to grow us some more. He might have to teach us some things. He might have to check us a few more times, But once we know that we've missed it, we wait for it. We seek it. We sit up and look both ways to see when our time is coming. That is God's intention for us as we live, move, and breath in Him. We have all missed opportunities, but all glory to the Most High that we serve a God of many chances. If you blew it, don't trip. Your time is coming. Just be sure not to miss it the next time around. Be Blessed. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment